Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Single Mother



Hey,

I was reading the newspaper last week and I came across this article. So me and my friends are getting together this weekend 18-Apr-2009, Saturday to visit this single mother. A group of us got together and came up with almost RM 1,000.

So with this cash, we bought them lots of food supplies and also necessities for them to use on a daily basis. The amount came up to about RM 717.82. So with the balance of money left, we are going to buy them McDonalds when we visit them in Seremban.

The reason why my friends and I got together to help this single mother is because, it is very painful to imagine a child going to bed with an empty stomach. I assume non of us can go through what they have been going through all this while. Imagine having coffee for dinner.

This lady actually has 6 kids of her own. Now, she takes care of 13 of them. 7 which are not her children. Imagine the struggle of one person raising 13 kids by herself. Despite having to raise 13 kids, she also lost 3 of her fingers while working at a sawmill. Although she had it re-attached but she can't use her fingers as part of the fingers were crushed. How much pain can someone possible go through??

So, for those who wish to donate or join us and visit this family, kindly contact me or any of my friends. Extra money raised will be given to the mother for pending bills or school fees.

Thank you


1 comment:

  1. Damm funny la the pics! Especially winnie and reny while enjoying the food!

    ReplyDelete